While daddy was here "Shell" , another of G's fav nurses, was on duty and she wished we were home already! As happy as she was to see us she wanted to push out to get home! Luv her. So, she convinced a dr to do another metho draw before midnite (protocol is every 12 hours). The 10 am draw of the day was at .16 We were convinced that after 3pm at two doses throughout the day of Leucovorin that we would be good to go! It was worth a shot even if I didnt pull up in front of the house until midnite. We drew again at 5 pm and got the result shortly after 9 pm.
.17
It went up!!!
NOT going home obviously. The next draw would not be until 5 am Thursday. Oh well, we tried!!
G and I spent the rest of the nite flipping thru channels and waiting fo rhis hyper mood to take it down a notch. He was quite the goof!
He finally passed out at 10 pm. I was a bit restless. The nurse and I kept changing those diapers every 35 minutes (fluid rate was 90 ml/hr) just be sure he was reaching those parameters and NOTHING was gonna jinx things for that next draw. Ph stuck around 8.5. Silly to get excited about numbers but that is our life now. During this hospital stay we NEVER had to play the musical IV bag game. He did great! Other than a surprise diagnosis of RSV it was a very good stay. HE REALLY DID GREAT!
We were interrupted last night (early Thursday morn) at 4 am for a saline treatment. I was so tired, out cold, that I never noticed the therapist enter the room. It was not until I heard G whining that I looked up. A therapist not familiar to us doing her job. Annoying! Who wakes a kid to do that. It's not like he was a respiratory patient. And the RSV was managed. He did not go back to sleep until 7 am. He was tossing and turning. Poor guy. He slept until 9:30 when Dr. Kwon caming in asking if we wanted to go home. I groggily sat up and told him of course! Metho count .05 Woo Hoo! WE ARE GOING HOME! ALL BEFORE XMAS EVE! Good job G! Kwon even said he thought we would have gone home yesterday. The drop was on such a nice track and then it sat for half a day. Oh well.
We go back to clinic on Monday or Wednesday for counts. Today ends the Interim Maintenance phase. The following Monday, Jan 3 begins our next phase. A new phase for a new year. I'll take it!
To everyone who takes the time to read our blog:
Have a blessed holiday and new year. The fact that you do read and follow shows your concern and push toward the positive we need for G. I appreciate it so. Bless you all! Cheers to a healthy year for us all.
No comments:
Post a Comment