Our own lil superhero!

Our own lil superhero!
Dick Grayson ain't got nothin' on the G-man. Our lil fighter since in utero-a young, fiesty fireball...never giving up! Just watch me!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

The escape!

We got dr. permission. We packed the bags (I am so out of practice!). We loaded everyone into the van and hit the bricks! Let's roll! To Toy Story we GO!

I was so relieved that NO fevers, rashes, other unexpected buzz kill kind of events occurred the night before. And even as we were driving to Allstate I felt as if I needed to pinch myself in order to truly believe we were out! Out as a family of 5!!

It was more than awesome!

We met Neal, Amy and Ayden in the lot. We weren't even there 15 minutes before I was suckered into $46 in cotton candy ( 3 bags with alien hats attached to them) and one bucket of popcorn! $46!!!!! But on a day like that you don't care about money. You just care about their smiles. And who am I to deprive my boys of the one special treat they devour-cotton candy! It is my weakness, too! Ayden and Triston were the first to empty their bags. Grayson had a bit but was loving the popcorn (guessing still sticking to salty taste buds from the steroids). He ate almost 1/4 of the bucket! I helped.
The two of them so mesmerized and yet so intent on piling off the pure sugar!!



Oh, little rice! You were such a good boy! I know you always are at home but you delighted me to the ends of the earth to KNOW that you can BE elsewhere, too. SO SORRY you don't get out much baby boy...but you had fun, too! So happy and alert and taking it all in. So this is what its like outside my home, huh?

Grayson' s face when he saw the ice arena was so memorable. And when the show began...forget it, it was priceless. Triston danced and sang his way through it. I have to admit-I was emotional. Just seeing them light up the way they did! A sad reminder of how little we do. But the happiness hit me in every inch of my body, seeing their faces, reactions and awe. The show was good, don't get me wrong. I really enjoyed it! The time we had as a family was what it was all about though. Being able to share it with Neal, Amy and Ayden made all the better. I think that really was what excited G the most. Seeing Auntie Mimi. He adores her to the moon and back!


And then add a trip to a restaurant and he was golden! I could tell that was most likely his favorite part. He misses it so much. We used to do it so often. He misses looking at his own menu, getting pop, participating in such an adult world. He was practically giddy over it all. It was another one of those priceless moments.

He played musical chairs with everyone. Had to be a part of all the action. Chowed down on calamari. He was a king!
Being out and about was a highlight. I hope for so many more. And now I dont remember what else I wanted in this post bc I started it a while ago. But the pics alone say it all, don't they?







No comments:

Post a Comment