Our own lil superhero!

Our own lil superhero!
Dick Grayson ain't got nothin' on the G-man. Our lil fighter since in utero-a young, fiesty fireball...never giving up! Just watch me!

Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Chill one-Week 29

Update on Grayson's week:
All was good on Monday after we returned from clinic.

Tuesday-Friday he was really chill. He would eat a bit near breakfast time, drink plenty but barely get off the couch. He was very, very tired. He would take a 2-3 hour nap before I got home from work. By 4 pm he was active, hungry and in a good mood. That was his pattern all week. His appetite and full on energy level did not seem to kick in til after T and I got home from school/work. Almost as if he needed that buddy system to get him going. Attitude n mood hit the opposite end of the spectrum while I was home. And as for food-even if he didnt eat much for others in the first half of the day I CAN ALWAYS get him to eat. Bribery and "First ____, Then_____" statements make mountains in this household. I cannot tell you how many times he heard "No tv / no music/no trains until you eat!". He made babysitters nervous with his lack of activity and couchbound behavior. I wasn't so nervous, as long as he was drinking, eating, fever-free, and if a nap is what used up that inactivity time so be it. His body needed it. Besides, I had my active guy for many hours upon my return. Again, his body may have been fighting something off.

Today is the first day all week that he has been his usual "good" self. Active all day long with special visitors like Auntie Najette, Eileen n Aidan. They had a blast w nerf "rockets " ( I hate the gun word, but I know I cant avoid it forever!) and so much more. He has been active, happy, crabby, demanding, hungry and thirsty all day long! Sounds like the G I know! He is still up and running about. Great day!

Caden's cold is much much better but I still may take him into his aptmt on Monday night to get the aok. Triston had another great week at school. He has been so excited to give me lessons on tooth decay and proper brushing. I also received a lesson on coins and the presidents,\. He is ecstatic to start a dino unit next week! He also loved Awana again this week. It cracks me up when we read his Spark book bc Grayson has some of the verses memorized and he mumbles them off his tongue to feel like he is a big boy like T. It is too cute.

Other good news! My mom is in town today! She will be w us for the week to help out with babysitting for the week. So excited. Big relief!

We technically do not have to go into clinic on Monday unless he is a little off. We will see what tomro holds in terms of that decision.

With a tiring week came some sad news. A dear friend of ours suddenly lost his father the other night. I was informed of two additional people in my life being stricken w cancer. And other family members were admitted into the hospital for issues still to be determined. It has been anothher difficult week, testing my patience, faith and sanity. More on that later. Please continue to keep us in your thoughts as we sort out more mud in our lives. And thank you, always!

No comments:

Post a Comment