Our own lil superhero!

Our own lil superhero!
Dick Grayson ain't got nothin' on the G-man. Our lil fighter since in utero-a young, fiesty fireball...never giving up! Just watch me!

Saturday, December 31, 2011

A new year, new HOPE, more NEW

The only thing I can say about 2011 is that it was a rough one on so many levels. I don't know what 2012 holds but I know what my intentions are. In regards to the things I DO HAVE CONTROL over, I want more of this:


FAMILY!
A while back my friend Becky posted her new find for her home-a crafted Family Rules sign. And here I was writing them on poster board! I loved the idea but clearly did not want the same one as her, each family is unique you know. And as I searched online I just couldn't find the perfect one. Each one I found had one or two phrases that we do take part in but would not be on my absolute list of rules. I gave up my hunt and dismissed the idea. I knew what was in my mind and so what if it wasn't on some pretty piece of wood. And that's the thing, I didn't really see them as rules necessarily. I saw them as a blurb of what family means to us. What we hold and value as important. The things that shape us and our children. It is home. So last week I was on the hunt for after xmas sale ornaments and as I turned the corner and four aisles down I got a glimpse of this piece of work. I couldn't believe how perfect it was for us. It is what our life has become in the past 17 mos-SIMPLE! Needless to say, I smile each time I walk past it ( and it doesn't hurt that the kids like it, too!) This year more than ever we have done so much of these things. 

I want to see more of my hero SHINE!




More SURVIVING it all from each and every one of us! His spirit is contagious, isn't it?


 Lots and lots of time and loving on these three!



Even through all the dark times 2011 held there were so many glowing moments that I will never forget-our benefit, Caden's first bday, my new niece Charley (my Charley Horse),  friends and family coming to our rescue on the day of the flood/party, a new school year with a positive energy that continues to flow just right (Thank you, Becky!), Triston's K year plugging away wonderfully, the smiles and laughter from MamaC and Lula Mel when they see the boys ( I swear I have NEVER in 17 years heard either them laugh as hard and loud as they have this year! Tragic life changes alter your focus on life and happiness, don't they?), holidays AT HOME, Operation North Pole, Triston's hospital drive and so much more I am probably forgetting at this moment. What I DO REMEMBER is that none of it was possible without the amazing people in our lives, the old and the new. Insert tears here!

And there is more we have to look forward to! November 8, 2013! The projected date ending Grayon's treatment. He will just be turning 5 and completing 3.5 years of chemotherapy. All I can say is WOW! Can you say----HUGE PARTY AHEAD?!


May you continue to see the blessings amidst your darkness, challenges and obstacles. I know we do, no matter how hard it is sometimes. Again and always, thank you for hanging on for the ride with us and we will see you in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment