Our own lil superhero!

Our own lil superhero!
Dick Grayson ain't got nothin' on the G-man. Our lil fighter since in utero-a young, fiesty fireball...never giving up! Just watch me!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October visit part 2

As I try to do with these montly visits, here is the next morning update.

As tired as you think G would have been last night he did not fall asleep until almost 9 pm. There he was with his own version of "I'm not touching you!" in our bed next to Triston. All T wanted to do was sleep and G kept egging him on. Hard for me not to laugh out loud during it. I had to threaten G he would end up in his room by himself if he kept it up. I had such a nice day yesterday (still sounds ironic, huh? ) I bent the rules and let the boys fall asleep in our bed while daddy put his super hero computer-fixer cape on and helped out dear friends. We read a new book ( I spent $85 on a scholastic book order thru T's school and pulled out one of the goodies, saving the rest for xmas gifts), The Leaves Are Falling. It was perfect seeing as on our way home T observed all the trees that changed colors since Friday's drive home from school. We talked about how Autumn is our fav season (mine for so many reasons). I love the look on my kids faces when I yank out a new book!

We also took a peek at two new tv stations we discovered over the weekend. SMILE and LAKESHORE. Both have a nice mix of G and T aged shows, some with religious tones (simple cartoons intermixed with real-life stories with a similar lesson) and others focusing on character education. I am still researching some of the shows but overall pleased. Nice to have other options from Cartoon Network's fighting scenes and adult-undertones. Can you tell I am still struggling with this let him be a 6 yr old junk? I just feel like so many programs jump from age 4 to 7 n 8 yr olds. Not much in-between other than Phineas n Ferb , Fetch w Ruff Ruffman and Electric Company. Thank goodness T is so into non-fiction shows like National Geographic, Food Network, Animal Planet and anything science-related. He loves his gal, Giada. And G will watch anything T is into to!

This morning G's need to rush to the bathroom woke him at 6 am. I felt like it was 4 am I was so tired. I ran him to the bathroom and god bless his pee pee soul he went right back to sleep. That beautiful boy slept til 9 am! He woke in the best mood! He has been so lovey dovey!

Caden slept til 7 am and ate  good breakfast. He had the whole liv room to  himself for a few hours  and he was loving all my attention. I loved it, too. Rarely do I get alone time with him (unless he's teething in the mid of the nite) and it is such a reminder of how precious he is. So inquisitive. Taking all he has observed in the past year and putting it into action. Adorable. We even snuck in some art drawings before G woke. As G got his morning going I then put C down for his morning nap. Now G has finished his breakfast, meds and is playing in the basement with his trains.

As for T, he was another one who woke in the best mood. I love how that kid handles his own morning routine. He toilets, brushes his teeth, dresses and prepares his own breakfast. By the time I get downstairs all I have left to do is pour his milk (or toast or waffle if he wanted something other than yogurt and fiber bar).  I love how independent he has always been! My biggest boy!

As for meds this month-the usuals. We had no diarrhea mishaps yesterday (Vincristine side effect). Lucky! I will never forget August's diarrhea incident in the middle of Trader Joe's. No repeats of that please. I have not been back since!

He received his dose of Methotrexate intrathecally (via spinal injection) yesterday and will take weekly doses orally the remainder of the month. He started another round of steroids last night so we should see the ravenous side of him kick in this evening. He will continue those til Friday 2x a day.

But the real point of this post was not only to let you know how he's doing the past 24 hours but to share with you a reminder. I was blessed to read this post this morning.
http://www.team-ewan.com/2011/10/october-3-4.html
 A reminder that not only was I having a great 24 hours just like G, but I am forever blessed to have my 3 boys to love on each morning. Look for the blessings in your day and hold onto them a little tighter. I know I do. I don't mind the reminders along the way. I hope you don't either. Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment