Our own lil superhero!

Our own lil superhero!
Dick Grayson ain't got nothin' on the G-man. Our lil fighter since in utero-a young, fiesty fireball...never giving up! Just watch me!

Monday, October 3, 2011

October clinic visit

Gonna make this one quick bc I am exhausted. Been a very happy but tiring day.

Counts:
Hgb: 8.2 dropped from last month but still in the ok range
Platelets: 491
WBC: 3.17
ANC: 2.34

Good counts!

We avoided the hypoglycemic issues by giving him a bit of breakfast this morning. 7 am was his cutoff per nurse request. Yeah, well the lazy butt did not get his bones out of bed til after 7 so by 7:30 I smashed half a juice box and about 10 goldfish down this throat. He woke in a good mood and that mood has remained all day long. I love that smile of his. He was happy to see all of his girls this morning!

He entertained us all, as usual. Areum brought him the mobile tv and he watched Curious George and Thomas. We talked about the Polar Express movie during his spinal procedure. He had Dr. Kwon asking questions and smirking the whole time. I know it sounds insane to place these type of words into such a place and procedure but really-I love clinic, he loves clinic and it remains our happy place all considering. G is so comfortable there and it is his time to soak in all the attention and take care of his business. He adores everyone there and vice versa. He continues to amaze me! I was so proud of him after his spinal. Even as Dr Kwon let him know he was all done with pokes G tried his best to look in his direction (which was difficult bc he has to lie on his side during the procedure and remain there for an additional 30 min afterward) and then said "Thank you, Dahter Kwon". Luv it!

View photo.JPG in slide show Here he is saying CHEESE right after the procedure! See his "Buzz Lightyear" (SAT monitor) on his finger.

He ate fruit snacks during our 30 minute lie still time (see the things he gets spoiled with at clinic! we hardly ever touch those cavity ridden things at home!) and read books. Afterward he chose a Thomas magna doodle from the treasure chest as his poke prize. Areum lined up all the Thomas stuff for him to choose from. I remember last time G chose a game that was way beyond him but declared he wanted to play it with Triston. He has his big bro on his mind so often. Too sweet!

We rushed thru the Mcds drive thru for our routine chemo meal and headed home. I then headed over to Triston's school to be a Mystery Reader. T had no idea I was coming (that's the point!). I had to ask him last week which were his favorite books lately (never the same really, changes month by month bc we read so many). He chose Duck Soup and Fly High, Fly Guy. I lied and told him I needed ideas for my class so as not to give it away. Can I say that no matter how tired I was after chemo the look on my boy's face when I walked in his classroom was priceless. It truly was an expression I have never seen on him before. He was literally ecstatic, so much that he turned red, and not from embarrassment. Two great huge smiles from my two boys to make my entire day!! What a chemo day to remember!

We go back October 31st for Vincristine and counts.

Oh and as for the gunky cough----it was agreed that it is asthma related and his lungs sound perfectly clear. I will keep up on the nebs and asthma meds and continue to monitor.
Whew! What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment