Our own lil superhero!

Our own lil superhero!
Dick Grayson ain't got nothin' on the G-man. Our lil fighter since in utero-a young, fiesty fireball...never giving up! Just watch me!

Friday, June 24, 2011

Father's Day 2011

When I asked Triston what we should do for daddy on father's day he told me he wanted to make a painting. A humongous one. I replied that I wasn't so sure we had a piece of paper large enough. My problem-solver had a better response-"LET'S MAKE A MURAL!"

We just happened to be in the yard after work during this conversation and we both seemed to stare at the garage wall and nodd in agreement-we had found our background! The plan was to do it the Friday after work that way we didn't get caught up in any weekend junk and forget to do it. Well, my research for a stove and dishwasher that Friday followed by my exhaustion led to no mural productions. BUT, we still had Sunday. And as I lay in bed late Saturday evening pondering how I was going to pull this off (bc there was no convincing T of any other gift no matter how many time I tried) the early morning wake up calls saved the day. Before I knew it it was 6 am and all 3 kiddos were awake. Charito was nowhere near wakehood. So, I huddled them all up and off to the yard we went. I set them up with an impromptu breakfast while I set up the art supplies.
They had a blast. There we were at 8 am on a Sunday morn becoming artists under the sun. It really was a relaxing morning. And by the time they were drained of the artsy fartsy mood Charito woke and we were able to surprise him.




Working on his beach, rainbow (which he gave up on as soon as he saw we didn't have any orange or yellow), the sky and he and daddy holding hands.
My pic for daddy, he and I IN LOVE (go ahead and puke in your mouth if you want, we are kinda cutesy gross like that...it has been 17 years ya know!).
My vertically challenged Einstein conquering the obstacle.
Love this.
Admiring his work


Telling me "Ta Da"
Triston wrote HAPPY DAD DAY
We spent the rest of the day in the yard (until it rained). But best of all-we were able to go to a restaurant! That is right! All of us! We met the in-laws for dinner. It was wonderful! My favorite moment of the meal was when I looked down the table and saw everyone laughing, eating and OUT! And the fact that my boys STILL remembered their table manners and public places manners was the icing on my cake (the 12 layer cream cheese carrot cake that is!). It really was a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the one of all three painting. What a cute idea. Glad you guys got to enjoy a family dinner too!

    ReplyDelete