Our own lil superhero!

Our own lil superhero!
Dick Grayson ain't got nothin' on the G-man. Our lil fighter since in utero-a young, fiesty fireball...never giving up! Just watch me!

Friday, June 24, 2011

Butterfly wings




A while back my mom bought this for me. SHE LOVES butterflies and the grandkids have completed many cute projects over the years all for her. But when she told me she found this for me it was a little wierd and scary in that ironic sorta way if you know what I mean. I loved that it was red, my mom's fav color. But it's meaning brought sadness and hope to my heart.
The inscription reads like this:
THE BUTTERFLY REPRESENTS THE CHANGES A CHILD EXPERIENCES WHILE UNDERGOING CANCER TREATMENT. FROM THE COCOON OF TREATMENT AND ISOLATION, A CHILD EMERGES-BEAUTIFUL AND READY TO TAKE FLIGHT.
A SYMBOL OF HOPE.
Yes, Grayson sure will. I love you, Mom.
p.s. I puddled back and forth for the longest time where to place this. Hence, this post bc I found it under a pile of cancer papers on my dresser. Then the "duh" moment hit me last week. The car. Seems suiting, huh? A gentle reminder between chemo visits. A reminder of the days passing as we get closer and closer to Grayson's butterfly days. I can't imagine this kiddo more beautiful and amazing than he is now. I mean, can you even picture that day? I have a cancer mom acquaintance who recently posted that her son's last day of chemo treatment is mere days from now. The WHOLE family will be in the room as he gets his last treatment thru his port. Everyone there for that long awaited moment. Just reading it gave me chills and I burst into tears. I have not met this family and yet I could picture the elation busting out of them. It is the end of a grueling journey with endless hopes for so much more. All I can say is WOW! Bless them and the day I can write the same joyous phrases to share with all of you. It is less than 3 years away...our butterfly days!

No comments:

Post a Comment