January 10, 2011
Everyone was moody this morning. Especially G. Thank you, steroids. It was the first time since August he did not want to go and see Princess Jennie. He was clearly very tired. So was I. My mind raced last night. I could not turn it off. He was very restless last night. He took two naps yesterday and still asked to go to bed by 7:30 pm. He tumbled around for 2 hours before passing out. That boy ran himself tired after a week of WILD CHILD behaviors. He was a happy, active 2 yr old doing his 2 yr old thang. Yesterday and today he paid to play. He is a true crabapple today.
He walked into clinic whiney. I carried him while the nurse assistant pushed the stroller. He was definitely not in the mood for any socialization. No running hug toward Jennie today. He slept during his treatment. A 30 minute push of Doxorubicin, push of Vincristine and blood counts. I was hoping all the while there would be no transfusion needed. I had no backup plan for T afterschool. I was clearly not home and had Caden with me at clinic. Counts were great. His ANC (neutrophils) jumped from 950 to over 5, ooo. Hgb 9.5 and WBC over 6, 000. No transfusion. A sigh of relief.
So while he slept, Caden ate and ate. He was such a good lil boy. Smiling and grinning at anyone who entered the room. Doing his job to greet accordingly. My social butterfly.
We left clinic after 1 pm and had just enough time to run to Target. The kid plowed thru the bologna we picked up on Saturday and we obviously needed more or there would be RIDICULOUS tantrums had. And with an ANC of 5, 000+ the boy deserved to get out!!! He had fun. The minute we left clinic his mood changed and he was his goofy self. He wouldnt shut up in the car! Why this and that and dissertations here and there. Too funny.
I even had time to get him home for another nap and sit on the couch for some peace and quiet for about 30 min before T walked in the door (I had his friend drive him home for convenience sake since I KNEW w G's morning record he would due for another nap and I was not about to wake him to pick up T). Then T and I had our own time together reading and chatting before the other two woke. Because as soon as all 3 are in action the night seems endless. The only reason I have time to write this is bc they are sucked into Thomas (a holiday dvd G saw at Target that I once again forgot to take out of cart at paytime-lucky for him it was on clearance for $5. SEE WHAT I HAVE TURNED INTO!! I AM BUYING THOMAS DVDS!!!). They are acting out a scene while Caden laughs along from his exersaucer bc he will laugh at anything that comes out of T's mouth. T could sing a swearing song and Caden would go into hysterics instead of drop his jaw in disgust.
So, we survived Chemo Monday with huge cases of TIREDS!
That is my Monday for ya! How was yours?
No comments:
Post a Comment