I hate...
- that we know the hospital like the back of our hands
- that the best nachos I have had in my life so far came from the hospital cafe nacho bar
- that we know so many familiar faces (and yet it's comforting at the same time)
- the words cancer and leukemia
- what this is doing to my family, my 4 boys and so many others
- that this situation has put people who could talk to us about anything in a position to not have any words to express to us-they are speechless and worried and do not know how to confront us and I dont blame them. I have been there in the past myself.
- that Grayson doesnt see Belmonte anymore
- towels on my couch, bed and cars bc I never know when G is gonna vomit
- watching G go from active w tired spurts to always tired w limited active spurts
- weeks ago watching him run around this house and now he cant even walk without support, we literally make him walk from here to there to ensure we are moving those muscles for him. He def does not want to. He is so achey and sore and weak all the time.
- hearing him whine when you make him sit anywhere else or do anything but lie or sit on the couch or bed. He is just so frail.
- that these medical terms have become part of our everyday vocabulary (even for Triston)
- that I have to wear chemical protective gloves ("the purple gloves") when I change MY OWN child's diaper. The chemo drugs are so potent it is for our safety. He even has a separate garbage can to toss them in. As soon as he sees us put them on he whines and screams the whole time we change him bc it reminds of the people in the hospital
- that I have 6 prescriptions in the cabinet with the words GRAYSON CACAL typed on the labels, he's not even two yrs old!
- watching the once abundant and exciting friendship between T n G take several steps backward in the past few weeks. Since G is not on the floor w him or in the play scene they dont bond like they used to. They are so separate from each other. It hurts to see this. They were so close. Now the limitations themselves limit their relationship. Believe me, it makes me grateful for the lil moments they still are able to continue. As if they figured out how to adapt-book reading, leapfrog n leap pad, movies, eating, and some of their silly jokes or lines are a constant. But oh how I miss them chasing each other around non-stop and zooming those trains all over my furniture. The things I used to yell at them about!
- that some of the new additions to T's home library include books about cancer and who is sick and so forth. He loves "Chemo to the Rescue" bc it is similar to a superhero background.
- that my parents are so far away. Sometimes I want to cuddle up with them and make it all go away, just as we do with our 3 boys on a nightly basis.
- that this is only the beginning of the fight. 29 days of treatment down....and who knows how many more to go
That is all I can think of for now...I know there will be more to come. Just needed to vent off my crabby mood.
Sara, you need to vent as much as you can. It's only natural to wanna just throw in the towel (especially the vomit ones!) and just quit! You are entitled to break down, but just remember to pick yourself back up for your boys, just as they will do for you. You guys will get through this and it will make your family stronger than before and even happier than before. You will overcome this. Just keep reminding yourself. I know it's so much easier said than done, and I know I have no clue what this feels like. I just know that I, as well as hundreds of your family and friends are praying for your family, rooting for your family, and sending all our positive vibes your way. If we can do anything more for you, please post it on here. List what you need. I so wish we could do more for you. Stay strong little mama!
ReplyDeleteOh and side note...If you need a McDonald's trip to just get out again, try going to the one by O'Hare so you can also watch the planes flying right over your heads. Tracy told me about that years ago.
Love, love, love, your way ~ baby's momma! ;-) You are a wonderful mother and you can see it through your sons eyes & smiles EVERYDAY! The love they receive, the support they have, the stability in their ever so busy lives. I admire you! Life does go on and G will not remember most of this. Call me whenever you want to VENT or just talk. I'm here for you as a listening ear and try as best I can to just be here for you!
ReplyDeleteDear Sweet Sara,
ReplyDeleteOkay, crying. Everything you listed, I hate that you have to deal with, too. If Maddie wasn't sick right now, I'm run right over and give you some serious big hugs, but I just don't wanna pass on the yuckies to you. You have enough to deal with. The minute we get well over here we'll bring a meal and have a visit ...
Praying,
Alysa