Hi all! I know it's been awhile. Been MORE than busy and quite frankly my moods have been all over the place and blogging hasn't been on my priority list. I haven't felt that usual pull toward it and didn't want to force it. But here I am.
Quick update and I will move onto the abundance of stories that I am way behind in soon! Yesterday was my last day of the school year and it is officially summer in this house. I don't know if Triston or myself are more excited to finally have me home for a couple of mos. He's been counting the days since his graduation.
Grayson had chemo on Monday-vincristine and counts. Since his May visit things have been pretty much the same. Great moods, appetite, waste output and counts. We expected the same on Monday, until I saw nurse Magan's face when she walked in w the sheet. All she said was really low! And wow was he! 160 ANC. He has not been that low since our March hospital stay. TOTALLY neutropenic! He only has 160 "fighters" working at fighting off infections and germs right now. He is usually sitting at 1,200 or so. A plummet. And the frustrating thing was that he was in such a great mood and has been ever since. So since Monday we are on high alert, chasing germs and keeping a close eye on everyone. It is more than stressful that is for sure. And it def put me in a whoo is me mood as I approached my last day. Any ideas I had of taking the kids out to a picnic or whatever to celebrate were not to happen. We put all father's day celebrations on hold with my dad and PapaC.
We go back on Monday to find out if ANC is on it's way up. Keep you posted. Had more to write but now they are all screaming for my attention and all I want is naps! Talk later.
No comments:
Post a Comment