

Finally. Sleeping since 11 pm. He would not SHUT UP! I was both irritated and entertained at the same time. Back to his chatty self. He was wired and I was tired. Not best combo for feeling all shut in during isolation. He barely stirred. It was like a sleepy night at home. He is acting like himself and still fever free. Numbers are abit up from yesterday (finally received yesterday's labs late last night!!) but not good enough, still low. And while his hemoglobin was nice and steady through Sunday and Monday while fighting the height of this it went down yesterday below 8. It was a 7.5 as of mid-day Tuesday. They drew for a CBC at 6 am this morning and I would not be surprised if it dropped below 7. And even if it didn't I know Goodell will not be content sending us home without a transfusion. I'd rather it be that way anyway, in fact I would insist before I was discharged. We have several days before returning on Monday for numbers to plummet while G gets the rest of this infection out of his system. And yes, I was FINALLY told that the first blood culture was negative (no bacteria growing in his blood/bone marrow) and that the second is most likely negative as well. This is looking like a viral infection. Still to determine what type and mode of antibiotics we will leave here with and for long they will be taken. Til then...
No comments:
Post a Comment