Our own lil superhero!

Our own lil superhero!
Dick Grayson ain't got nothin' on the G-man. Our lil fighter since in utero-a young, fiesty fireball...never giving up! Just watch me!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Huge gap update

I havent blogged bc it has been an insane couple of weeks. I am not even going to write much here bc it is aching my eyes to look at this screen. Friday, October 1 I came home feeling flu like from Triston's field trip. I have been sick ever since. First dr said virus and no fluid in lungs and sent me home. Second dr said I had a sever throat infection and at least gave me antibiotic for that. He actually paid attention to each and every symptom I described and wanted me to get better fast when I mentioned what I have going on at home. I thought it would clear up all symptoms. It has only cleared up the infection in my throat so I can taste some things. Energy level is so low. Charito got the same thing as me by Oct 3. He is still sick as well. We cant get aptmpts this week bc there are none fitting our schedule and Charito cannot take ANY time off. We are both suffering from coughs that cause abdominal pain and lower back pain. We are so short winded that trip up the stairs is exhausting. I have never been this sick before. Thru that first week all boys were fine. Then fast forward to this Monday, Oct 11 during Grayson's chemo treatment. He was absolutely fine the day before on his bday (prob the most boring bday ever bc daddy and I were so sick and T was not himself-fevers off and on all weekend since he returned home from school Friday). He has been fighting this cough and cold for almost 3 weeks but we just monitor every week at dr and daily at home. We were told he could have that cough n cold the whole span of this phase of treatment. Well, G woke that morning pretty quiet and I was rushing to get him and T out door (yup, had to make aptmt for T at 8 am and then be at G's 9 am chemo). He slept the whole ride there and during Ts aptmt (He has an ear infection), not normal. I was worried. Thinking his numbers were low and may need transusion again even tho we had one last week! As soon as we sat for port access I could hear him wheezing so hard! It scared me. I knew pneumonia could happen overnite for him but seriously. They gave him nebuelizer treatment which changed nothing. We did chest xray and his lungs were clear. Kwon seriously had this look on his face that he didnt know what to do. They called Belmonte, actually paged him w Grayson name in it to confirm he would drop what he was doing and help us. Belmonte was doing hospital rounds but would meet me downstairs in 10 minutes. The only thing I could think was his asthma was in full force and it wasnt even freezing out yet. After Belmonte looked at xray he said his lungs are def inflamed and irritated. It was a respiratory infection on top of his asthma kicking in. All this occuring overnite. He was just glad it wasnt pneumonia but we still needed to keep eye out. We left w an oral steroid to clear his lungs and also instructions to pick back up w his asthma regime ( inhaler of albuterol and flovent every 3-4 hrs n I had to wake him to be sure we kick this thing) which we havent had to do since May. It truly is a seasonal type. That was all on Monday, I was to come back next day so Belmonte could listen to him again. I got home and all of a sudden Caden's eye was really red and it didnt go away the next morning. I remembered a note coming home about pink eye in Ts class so I brought him w for Belmonte to look at. Oh and I did I mention that G fell out of our bed MOnday nite?! According to T he was climbing out to follow me to the bathroom. I didnt see it so I am monitoring that as well. I immediately checked his port when I ran in bc it is in access mode this week so he has needle and tubes protruding off his chest. There didnt seem to be any redness or swelling or hasnt since. So then on Tuesday, Oct 12 Belmonte said G was still wheezing but sounded better than day before. Caden did not have pink eye but he agreed I needed nothing else dramatic in my week so he gave me eye drops for the runt just in case. So now everyone but daddy is officially on some type of med! We continue to monitor G closely. I call Belmonte at end of week to let him know how G is. He woke really irritable this morning and clingy all morning so far. T missed school yesterday but went today ( I needed him to and besides he was fever free and on amox for 24 hrs). Caden's eye is so much better already. I just worry about this juicy cough of Gs. We are going for naps now. And I hope this drama ends soon. I am gonna try and get another aptmt for myself too. Oh and Bryley has been throwing up, too! That about rounds it out dont you think?! Ill get back to you all when feeling better about his latest numbers and track we are taking as per last dr conversations. Its good news and bad news. Later.

2 comments:

  1. Oh you have GOT to be kidding. This is insane. I am so, SO sorry, Sara. Can I bring you a meal or are you guys even up for eating? I'm stopping everything to pray for a few minutes for you guys. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOUP?? I will make soup this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete